Last Updated on July 19, 2022 by Ankit Kumar
If you are a wine lover, you are going to need the best wine glasses in India in 2022, especially if you have one of those mini fridges.
As a matter of fact, a perfect wine glass can dramatically influence the taste of your wine. So, if you have a thing for the red wine, it is a must for you to have the best red wine glasses in India.
The good thing is there are plenty of wine glasses in India, and you can get even the most luxurious ones for a nominal amount.
While you are looking for the Best wine glasses set in India in 2022, these are the factors you should know —
- Is the glass meant for red or white wine, or is it multipurpose
- Size of the bowl
- Quality of the glass
- How heavy it is
- Ease of cleaning
Did you know that red wine glasses are taller and have a bigger bowl than the white wine glasses? To know more on this and how to choose the best wine glass, you can scroll down to our “Buying Guide”.
1st product in our today’s review of the Best Wine Glasses in India in 2022 is from one of the best wine glass brands in India, Paksh.
For those who do not know, Paksh’s wine glasses are crafted in Parma, Italy from fine sands and raw materials.
This is a set of 4 red wine glasses, where each glass has a massive capacity of 530 ml. The glasses have a wide stem, which is perfect if you are a red wine lover.
To give you an idea, the height of each glass in this set is 8 inches, out of which the bowl and stem have an equal length of 4 inches each.
This set of wine glasses from Paksh Novelty is made from exclusive Star Glass, which is a lead-free chemical composition that produces ultra clear, pure, and stunning wine glasses.
The large wine glasses have a stout bulb shape, which feels perfect in the hand, and allows the red wine to enhance its flavour to the fullest.
The wine glasses are made in Italy, and have gone through an XLT Treatment. In simple words, this means not only these glasses are dishwasher safe, but they are also shatter resistant.
The laser-cut rim ensures you do not taste the glass, when you bring it to your lips. All the wine glasses in this set are 100% lead free.
As far as the packaging is concerned, these glasses came individually wrapped in a bubble wrap, and placed in a large brown box.
The wine glass set from Paksh Novelty is classy, yet affordable at the same time. So, if you are looking for the Best Red Wine Glasses in India in 2022, you can choose Paksh Novelty.
This is a set of 4, if you are looking for more glasses, you can check out Paksh Novelty Lead-Free Glass Set of 8 at a discounted price.
Paksh Novelty Italian Red Wine Glasses Reviews – 5/5
Number of glasses – 4
Glass capacity – 530 ml
Weight – 0.99 kgs
Dimensions – 21.59 x 9.65 x 9.65 cm
Pros of Paksh Novelty Italian Red Wine Glasses:
Made in Italy
Beautiful, sturdy, yet delicate
Thin rim with a unique bowl shape
Shatter resistant glasses
Thin convenient stem
Wide stable base
Affordable for this quality
Cons of Paksh Novelty Italian Red Wine Glasses:
If you are looking for a set of 6 wine glasses from an Indian brand, you can choose Crystalware. Each glass in this set comes with a capacity of 400 ml.
The glasses are ideal for both red and white wine, and can be utilised for everyday use.
The shape of the glass is such that it is perfect for white varieties such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc, Pinot Grigio, etc.
Each of the wine glass in this set comes with a long, gently curved bowl, with an elongated thin stem that flares slightly out at the top and bottom, and a flat round base for stability.
The wine glasses have a laser cut and an ultra thin rim that will improve the taste of your wine.
The glasses have just the right amount of stem length, so that the glass does not topple over easily.
The wine glasses from Crystalware are nice and sturdy, and have a heavy bottom. The glass feels well balanced in the hand with an adequate portion of wine.
As far as the price is concerned for a set of 6 wine glasses, this set from Crystalware is affordable, which is why, it is one of the Best Quality Wine Glasses in India in 2022.
Crystalware Wine Glass Reviews – 5/5
Number of glasses – 6
Glass capacity – 400 ml
Weight – 1.88 kgs
Dimensions – 15 x 15 x 30 cm
Pros of Crystalware Wine Glass:
Made in India
Good quality wine glasses
Affordable for a set of 6
Ideal for all types of wines
Well balanced in the hand
Value for money
Cons of Crystalware Wine Glass:
Off all the wine glasses we have reviewed today in this post, this set of wine glasses from Tagrock has the maximum capacity.
This is a set of 6 wine glasses, and each wine glass has a whopping capacity of 650 ml.
To give you some perspective, each glass in this set has a height of 8.2 inches. Out of the 8.2 inches, the handle is 3.4 inches, and the bowl has a height of 4.8 inches.
The diameter of the mouth is around 3.1 inches. These glasses are made from 100% lead free crystal, and have a smooth rim.
These glasses are also known as flutes, and due to their shape, they are ideal for serving sparkling beverages.
You can use these wine glasses for white wine, red wine, champagne, burgundy, brandy, etc.
The broad neck of the glass with a thin body will help to accumulate the flavours of your wine.
The price of this wine glass set from Tagrock is a bit expensive, due to the large quantity and premium quality glass.
You can also check out the Red Wine Glasses with a crystal cut rim from the same brand, Tagrock.
Tagrock Balloon Red White Wine Glass Reviews – 5/5
Number of glasses – 6
Glass capacity – 650 ml
Weight – 3 kgs
Dimensions – 30 x 20 x 15 cm
Pros of Tagrock Balloon Red White Wine Glass:
Made in India
Maximum capacity of 650 ml
8.2 inch glass
Lead free glasses
Ideal for all types of wines
Cons of Tagrock Balloon Red White Wine Glass:
A bit expensive, due to the size and quality
This is a set of 6 wine glasses from Jinelza, a Make in India brand.
Each glass in this wine glass set comes with a capacity of 400 ml. This wine glass set is stemless, meaning there is no stem or handle in these glasses.
When it comes to the stemless wine glasses, they have a flat spot along the bottom of the bowl, so you can set them on a surface.
With a stemless wine glass, you will see a lot of benefits.
You can place them anywhere without the fear of glasses toppling. Storage and the packaging becomes much easier with the stemless glasses.
Glasses with stems are fragile and prone to breakages, this makes the stemless glasses more sturdy.
As a matter of fact, when you serve a chilled red wine in the summer, a stemless glass helps the wine warm up to a nice refreshing temperature.
These glasses are extremely suitable for red wine and suitable for a wide range of other drinks, such as water, white wine, ice cream, shakes, etc.
The shape of the wine glass is such that you can easily hold the glass with one hand.
The best thing about this wine glass set is that the glasses are shatterproof, and you can also use them in the dishwasher, microwave and even the freezer.
This multipurpose wine glass set from Jinelza is very affordable and, certainly one of the Best Luxury Wine Glasses in India in 2022.
You can also check out the Jinelza Wine & Whisky Glass with crystal diamond cuts.
Jinelza Unbreakable Stemless Wine Glasses Reviews – 4.9/5
Number of glasses – 6
Glass capacity – 400 ml
Weight – 0.68 kgs
Dimensions – 20 x 14 x 12 cm
Pros of Jinelza Unbreakable Stemless Wine Glasses:
Made in India
Made of shatterproof and impact-resistant tritan plastic
Smooth rims and a solid base
Dishwasher, freezer, microwave safe
Ideal for red wine, cocktails, white wine, ice cream, beer, etc.
Cons of Jinelza Unbreakable Stemless Wine Glasses:
Made from tritan plastic, not glass (BPA free)
If you are looking for a wine glass set, that is a bit different from the others, and yet provides the maximum value for your drinks, you can check out PrimeWorld Wine Glass set.
This set comes with 6 wine glasses, each with a capacity of 220 ml.
The best part about this wine glass set is its design. The design is exquisite with a very thick stem, and diamond cuts on the bowl.
The wine glasses have been manufactured using the highest quality lead-free crystal glass.
With a durable thick walled design, you can be assured about the durability and quality of these wine glasses.
The height of the glass in this set is close to 6.8 inches, whereas the diameter is 2.8 inches.
All the wine glasses have been designed in a way that they can easily withstand dishwasher heat and pressure, keeping them a low maintenance item.
As far as the price is concerned, this wine glass set is more than value for money, and easily one of the Best Glasses for Wine in India.
PrimeWorld Wine Glass Reviews – 5/5
Number of glasses – 6
Glass capacity – 220 ml
Weight – 2.13 kgs
Dimensions – 36.8 x 24.6 x 7.8 cm
Pros of PrimeWorld Wine Glass:
Made in India
Elegant shape and design
Value for money
Highest quality lead free glasses
Thick walled glasses
Cons of PrimeWorld Wine Glass:
In the glassware industry, Pasabahce is the second biggest company in the world, and in Europe with its wide array of glassware products, along with the most premium quality.
Pasabahce is a Turkish company operating since 1935, which deals in wine glasses, whiskey glasses and many other glass products.
This is a set of 6 wine glasses fromPasabahce, each glass with a capacity of 215 ml.
The best part about this wine glass set is that the glasses are tempered, and are made from toughened glassware for maximum safety and durability.
The height of the glass is 7.5 inches, an edge diameter of 2.9 inches, and a base diameter of 2.5 inches.
The wine glasses feel premium at the first touch, with a thick stem, and a solid base.
If you are only looking for 2 wine glasses, you can also check out Pasabahce Enoteca Red Wine Glass set.
Pasabahce Wine Glass Reviews – 5/5
Number of glasses – 6
Glass capacity – 215 ml
Weight – 1.38 kgs
Dimensions – 6.4 x 7.4 x 19 cm
Pros of Pasabahce Wine Glass:
Made in Turkey
2nd biggest glassware company in the world
Thick base and solid stem
Ideal for white as well as red wine
Premium shape and design
Cons of Pasabahce Wine Glass:
The last product in our today’s review of the Best Wine Glasses in India in 2022 is from an Indian brand, Pure Source India.
The brand Pure Source India operates from the Indian capital, and deals mainly in incense, candles, potpourri, premium lifestyle fragrance products and all related accessories.
We have reviewed their glass jars before in our “Best Glass Jars for Food Storage in India under 500 Rupees” post, and the performance was top-notch.
This is a set of 4 wine glasses, each with a capacity of 160 ml. You can use these glasses for whiskey, ice cream, juices, red wine as well as white wine.
The wine glasses are compatible with dishwasher as well as freezer.
In order to add superior resistance and durability to the wine glasses, the brand have manufactured toughened glassware.
All the glasses in this set are made from lead free crystal. The glasses are thick in comparison to what you see in the pubs, but the thickness adds to the sturdiness as well.
The price for these 4 wine glasses is very nominal, hence we have added this to our list of Best Luxury Wine Glasses in India in 2022.
Pure Source India Whiskey & Wine Glasses Reviews – 5/5
Number of glasses – 4
Glass capacity – 160 ml
Weight – 0.49 kgs
Dimensions – 17.5 x 12 x 17.5 cm
Pros of Pure Source India Whiskey & Wine Glasses:
Made in India
Ideal for juices, cocktails, white wine, red wine
Dishwasher, freezer compatible
Cons of Pure Source India Whiskey & Wine Glasses:
Which is the Best Wine Glasses in India in 2022
If you are looking for the best wine glasses in India, make sure they are multipurpose. The same set of wine glasses can also be used for other things such as ice creams, juices, shakes, cocktails, etc.
Keeping this in mind, here are the top recommendations for the best wine glasses in India in 2022 —
Best Red Wine Glasses in India – Paksh Novelty Italian Red Wine Glasses
Best Quality Wine Glasses in India – Pasabahce Wine Glass
Best Luxury Wine Glasses in India – Tagrock Balloon Red White Wine Glass
As of 2022, there are more than a 5,000 wine glasses waiting to be sold on Amazon, and other e-commerce platforms. The thing is, there is much more to a wine glass, which makes the taste of your wine different in different glasses.
In this buying guide, we will cover everything about the best wine glasses in India, and also how you can pick the best one for your wine.
Anatomy of a Wine Glass
Before you decide to buy the best wine glass in India, it is essential that you understand the design, construction and anatomy of the wine glasses. The shape, height, dimensions of the glass can truly affect the taste of your wine.
1. The Rim – The rim is the topmost section of the wine glass, it is also known as the lip of the glass. The rim should be wider for red wines, and narrow for white wines.
2. The Bowl – This is the most important section of the wine glass, the one that contains the wine. This section is narrow at the top and wider at the bottom. Red wines have shorter and wider bowl, whereas white wines have taller and narrower bowl.
3. The Stem – The stem of the wine glass connects the bowl to the base. The thickness of the stem is good for the durability of the wine glass. This is the section, which is used to hold the glass.
4. The Base – The bottom section of the wine glass is known as the base. The base helps to maintain a stable position of the wine glass, and keeps it upright.
Types of Red Wine Glasses
A red wine glass is usually a large glass with a full, round bowl and big mouth. There are several types of red wine glasses, something you should know before purchasing one.
1. Burgundy Wine Glass
Burgundy wine glasses are more apt for delicate and expensive wines such as Pinot Noir, Beaujolais, Red Burgundy, etc. These glasses have a large bowl with a narrow top, and a thin rim. This type of glass is shorter than a Bordeaux glass, but it has a bigger bowl for more delicate flavours.
2. Pinot Noir Wine Glass
As the name suggests, Pinot Noir wine glasses are meant for Pinot Noir and other light red wines. These glasses are very much similar to burgundy glasses. These glasses have a wide bowl, which allows the wine to come in contact with air, which in turn improves aroma and flavour.
3. Bordeaux Glass
A Bordeaux glass is a tall glass with a long stem, a wide bowl and a slightly tapered rim. Due to the way this glass is shaped, it helps to route the wine directly to the back of the mouth with each sip. You can use a Bordeaux glass for heavy and full-bodied wines.
4. Cabernet Sauvignon Glass
A Cabernet Sauvignon glass is used for Cabernet Sauvignon and other bold wines. Bold flavours are born of esters, the combination of acids and alcohols, which impart aroma and flavour to wine. These glasses are tall, but still shorter than a Bordeaux glass.
5. Standard Red Wine Glass
Standard red wine glasses are perfect for medium to full-bodied red wines with or without spicy components such as Zinfandel, Shiraz, Carignan, Merlot, Chianti, Malbec, etc. These glasses have a small opening, which softens the rich flavours of the wine.
Types of White Wine Glasses
The trend for red wine is more than the white wine, especially in India. Having said this, there is a decent amount of following for the white wine. So, if you are a white wine lover, these are the glasses you should check out.
1. Sauvignon Blanc Glass
A Sauvignon Blanc Glass is meant for light to medium bodied fruity or floral wines. These wines can be white Bordeaux, Fume Blanc, Loire, Vinho Verde, Chenin Blanc, etc.A Sauvignon Blanc Glass will be a tall one, and it causes the tongue to form a U-shape.
2. Montrachet Glass
A Montrachet Glass is apt enough to unveil the intensity of full-bodies wines, and also the wine’s multi-layered aromas. With a wide, and an open-mouthed bowl, this type of glass allows the wine to develop its wonderfully diverse range of aromas.
3. Chardonnay Wine Glass
A Chardonnay Wine Glass is mainly used for wines such as Semillon and Viognier. These glasses have a narrow rim, which directs the flow of the wine toward the mid-palate, allowing you to appreciate the balance of fruit flavours.
The Difference Between Red Wine and White Wine Glass
The shape and size of a wine glass differs from glass to glass, each depending on the type of wine it is intended to hold. You will usually notice red wine glasses to be taller with a larger bowl than the white wine glasses.
Let’s see some of the differences between red wine and white wine glasses —
1. The Shape – The white wine glasses have a smaller bowl size as compared to a red wine glass. In addition to this, the walls of a white wine glass will be less curvy, and more flat. The opening or the mouth of the white wine glass will be narrower than the red wine glass. Overall, red wine glasses are shaped in a way, that they give more space for the red wine to roam around, and enhance its aroma and richness.
2. The Taste – Since the red wines are generally more full-bodied than the white wines, red wines do benefit from large bowls. The larger the bowl is, the more air your wine gets. This process allows the red wine flavours to open up more effectively. On the other hand, with a shorter bowl for a white wine, the glass allows you to drink the wine with your nose closer to the wine.
3. The Stem – The length of the stem is a key difference when it comes to the white and red wine glasses. The majority of the white wine glasses have longer stems than the red wine glasses. The length of the stem is a factor for the distance between the hand and the wine. A longer stem means more distance, which is necessary to prevent the body heat from getting into the wine.
4. The Wine – You can use a red wine glass for wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, Malbec, Pinot Noir, etc. At the same time, a white wine glass is mainly meant for wines such as Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, etc.
The Difference Between Stemmed and Stemless Wine Glasses
Although there is no proven difference in the taste, whether you are sipping your wine from a stemmed or a stemless wine glass. Having said this, both the glass types have their own pros and cons, let’s see some differences —
1. The Looks – In terms of the visual appeal, stemmed glass have an edge over the stemless glasses, as the former are more attractive. Stemmed glasses look classy, even if kept in the cupboard.
2. The Durability – With a stem in the wine glass, there are more chances it might fall off and break from the impact. A stemmed glass may or may not be stable on a rough surface. However, stemless glass is very durable, as there are fewer chances it will get misbalanced.
3. The Storage – You might have to plan the storage of stemmed glasses very carefully to make sure they are not damaged during the storage process. Stemless glasses are much easier to store, stack, or simply keep on the kitchen countertop.
4. The Temperature – The distance between the hand and the wine is less in a stemless glass, and more in a stemmed wine glass. This directly impacts the temperature of the wine, coming from your hands.
5. The Cleaning – Stemmed glasses needs care while cleaning, and you cannot put them in the dishwasher. However, stemless glasses can be cleaned and washed using the dishwasher.
How to Choose the Best Wine Glasses
1. Number of Glasses – The number of wine glasses in a typical wine glass set varies from 2 to 6. Analyse the number of members in your family, or the amount of social gatherings, before buying a wine glass set. It usually makes sense to buy a set of at least 4 or 6 wine glasses, as you should take into account the probable future breakage of these glasses.
2. Capacity – The capacity of a wine glass in India varies from 200 ml, and it can go up to 650 ml. You may want to check this factor, depending on the type of wine you are going to consume. It may also be a good idea to keep different wine glasses of different sizes, so you have a variety of all kinds of wines glasses for your wine kitty.
3. Type of Wine – Some people prefer red wine, whereas some prefer white wine. Depending on the type of wine, you may want to pick the glasses for each of these categories. A good idea is to buy multipurpose wine glasses, which can be used for all types of wine.
4. Durability – If your wine glass is made from the glass material, it is always prone to breakages and damage. Thus, you may want to buy a wine glass set that is made from premium quality glass, most preferably, tempered or toughened glass. In terms of the durability, crystal glasses are better and last longer. You can also check out the wine glasses made from Tritan plastic, as they are usually shatterproof and unbreakable.
5. Thickness – If you are a red wine lover, you should go for a wine glass that has a thickness of less than 1 mm. With a thin wine glass, you will be able to see the wine more clearly, along with the other intricacies. A thin glass also makes sure small sips, this means no wastage or spills.
6. Bowl Shape – The shape of the bowl for a red wine has to be broad, and not narrow. A broader bowl allows the maximum amount of wine to come in contact with the air, this process is crucial for a flavoured wine with the richness of aroma and taste.
7. The Stem – The stem of the wine glass is important to maintain the right temperature of the wine. If you are rather looking for more casual glasses for daily entertainment purpose, you can get a combination of stemmed and stemless wine glasses.
How to Clean the Wine Glasses
There is no doubt about the fact that wine glasses can leave a bit of a smell after consumption. While the aroma of the wine is very important, you would want to make sure that the smell is not there anymore, before you pour the next glass of wine.
The first and the important rule to clean the wine glasses is to avoid using a dishwasher. This specially holds true for the stemmed wine glasses, as they are more prone to the damages, as compared to the stemless wine glasses.
You can start by rinsing the wine glasses in the hot water to remove any kind of remains or stains. You can either use a soft cleaning brush or a sponge to clean the glass from the inside. While doing this, hold the glass from the bowl, and not the stem.
Make sure your hands are dry, or you have a cloth in your hand, as wet hands can lead to slippage of the wine glasses, ultimately leading to breakage. Once done, you can use a cleaning cloth to dry the wine glasses.
In order to remove the smell from the wine glass, you can add 2 cups of distilled white vinegar, and run the hot water through the wine glasses. Leave the vinegar for around 20-25 minutes to get dissolved in the water.
Once this is done, you can use a kitchen sponge, wash, and dry the wine glasses thoroughly.
A Few Tips & Tricks for the Long Life of Your Wine Glasses
1. When storing the wine glasses, always make sure there is at least half an inch of a distance between the 2 wine glasses. No, or very less distance will not only lead to scratches, but it can chip the glass surface easily, which will damage the glass permanently.
2. If you have a variety of different and expensive wine glasses, it may be a good idea to invest in a decent wine storage rack. A storage rack for the wine glasses is not only fancy, but it will also make sure there are no accidents.
3. For not so expensive wine glasses, you can use the bottom of a shelf to hold the base of the wine glass in an upside down position. A lot of pubs and bars store wine glasses in this way.
4. By keeping or storing the wine glass upside down, you are also preventing any kind of dust or debris from getting into the wine glass.
5. If you are not going to use the wine glasses very frequently, it may be a good idea to store them in a safe place with the minimum access. While storing, you can place tissue papers, bubble wraps or newspapers between the wine glasses.
6. You can also an anti slip kitchen mat to store your wine glasses. The friction of the mat will ensure your wine glasses will not topple over each other, and stand still.
We hope this detailed and comprehensive guide on the Best Wine Glasses in India in 2022 was useful and informative to you. We also encourage you to read the customer reviews of any product before buying. Should you have any questions on this, feel free to leave a comment. If you want our team to review a product you are interested in buying, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to review it.