1. Saves Money: Oil Filled Room Heaters are an ideal option to save money in your electricity bills as they are over 99 percent energy efficient. Almost all the electricity is converted directly into heat which means once the room has become warm, less power will be required meaning more efficiency, less waste of electricity and obviously reduction in bills.
2. Cosy and Warm: Unlike regular heaters, Oil based room heaters do not suck up and dry out the ambient air in a room thus avoiding suffocation, dry skin, rashes etc.
3. Warm for Longer Periods: Since oil heaters are based on the concept of oil heating, they continue to warm the room even after the heater is switched off as hot oil can take a while to cool off.
4. Less Noisy: These heaters are the quietest and produce the least amount of noise even in a smaller room and moreover, you can use these heaters all night.
5. Portable: Presence of caster wheels makes the portability much easier with oil filled room heaters. Simply, move the heater from one room to another depending on where you need it.
Elegant and premium looking fan heater from Havells, will go with any kind of home decor
Thermostatic Heat Control
Includes a thermostatic heat control feature to provide you just the right amount of warmth you need from the heater
3 Different Power Settings
3 different heat settings with different wattage, hence save energy with each option
PTC Heater with Fan
This heater comes with a fan so heat can be equally distributed all over the room
Simply move the heater from one room to another with the help of wheels attached at the base
No need to worry about overheating as this heater has been designed for protection against overheating
Havells is known to bring innovative products in the market. With Havells, you can be assured of premium quality and excellent after sales support. Their prices may be a little more than others, but that’s purely because of the extra features and innovation that comes with it.
Other OFR Heaters from Havells:
Today, we are going to review Havells OFR – 11Fin 2900 Watt PTC Fan Heater, but there are other models from the same brand in 9 fins and 13 fins. They have the same features as the 11 fin heater except for the number of fins and wattage.
Havells OFR – 11Fin 2900 Watt PTC Fan Heater Packaging & Delivery:
- Weight of this heater is close to 17 kgs, hence I was curious to see how Havells will pack and ship this item
- Not to my surprise, packaging of the product was very straightforward and organized, delivery as usual was on time as well
- You will need to remove the plastic sheets wrapped around the heater once you slide it out of the box (be careful due to heavy product)
- In the box, you will see a Warranty Card, User Manual, 1 Main unit, 1 Pair Wheels Set, 1 pair U ring with nut
- Heater’s plug is 16 amp, so you will need to find one of those switches that fits 16 amp plug size
- There is no installation required here, so just switch on the heater and you are set.
Havells OFR – 11Fin 2900 Watt PTC Fan Heater Self Test Review:
- Before I tell you the pros and cons of this product, you should know I ordered this heater in 1st week of January’20 for my bedroom which is 12′ X 12′ in size.
- I stay in Delhi-NCR so you know winters are bone-chilling here especially in January
- Once you unbox the heater, you will see that there are 3 speed modes, On/Off switch and a speed knob to adjust the temperature
- This one is an 11 fin heater and fins have been designed in a zigzag manner which means there is more surface area leading to better heating efficiency and can radiate heat in all directions uniformly
- 3 speed settings are set at 1000/1500/2500 watts and fan takes about 400 watts of power
- For the first time, I switched on the heater with the fan OFF and my 12′ X 12′ room was all heated up in around 12-13 minutes, with the fan ON it took only 7-8 minutes
- Thermostat feature made sure temperature stays set uniformly and there is an AUTO CUT to prevent overheating so you do not have to worry about switching the heater on and off
- Best thing I liked about this heater was that it was able to heat the entire room and not just one specific area like other heaters, noise level was at the minimum so you will not be bothered
- Heater does not dry out the room since there is no burning of oxygen in this oil filled radiation heater, thus this heater unlike others is safe for babies and old folks as well
- Just like an AC, you will immediately feel the difference as soon as you come out of the room
- The heater has been filled with HD 320 Grade Oil which is highly refined, this means longer life of the heater
- Length of the cord is good enough around 2 metres and there is a cord storage as well to safely tie the wire
- Just in case if the heater gets tilted, the machine will switch itself automatically
- You will notice 4 wheels at the bottom which is good in case you want the heater to work in different rooms of the house
- About cleaning and maintenance, there is a dust filter that prevents dust from entering the product and it can be cleaned from time to time
- Overall, I loved this heater as it is very subtle when it comes to heating the room with 100% safety.
Havells OFR – 11Fin 2900 Watt PTC Fan Heater has everything that you need in a heater plus the fact oil heaters are a perfect choice if you have a baby in the house as their skin is very delicate and this heater does not dry out the air and can be used even in a closed room.
Considering all these features and 1 year warranty and Havells’s reputation, we rate Havells OFR – 11Fin 2900 Watt PTC Fan Heater as the Best Oil Filled Room Heater in India (2021).
Best 3 Litre Instant Geyser in India
Best 3 Burner Gas Stove in India under 3,000
Best Treadmill in India under 25000
Spotzero by Milton Royale Steel Wringer Spin Mop With Big Wheels
Best Electric Egg Boiler in India
HealthSense Kitchen Weighing Scale Online India
Sujata Powermatic Plus 900 Watts Juicer Mixer Grinder Online India
Havells OFR - 11Fin 2900 Watt PTC Fan Heater Pros and Cons
What we loved!
What can be Improved?
In a Nutshell (Which is the Best Oil Filled Room Heater in India)
I have used Ceramic and Infrared heaters before, but much to the hype I wanted to get an Oil Filled Radiation (OFR) heater. I had a few choices such as Havells, Morphy Richards or NewAir but I choose Havells mainly due to the trust in this Indian brand. After a couple of months of use till Feb’20, I can confirm this is one of the Best Oil Filled Room Heater in India as far as features and specifications are concerned.
Havells OFR Heater Demo
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is it safe to have oil heater on overnight?
A. If the thermostat feature of your heater is working properly, you can leave the heater on for the whole night. This is because of the Auto cut ability of the heater to avoid overheating and maintain an optimum temperature. Ensure there is nothing flammable near or on the top of the heater.
Q. Where should I place the oil heater in my bedroom?
A. If you can find a central spot in your room with a nearby switch, it will allow the heater to spread the hot air in the entire room.
Q. Are oil heaters better than electric heaters?
A. Oil Heaters are better than electric heaters as they can heat up a bigger size room in less time as compared to the electric heater, so in terms of efficiency Oil Heaters score 10/10.
Q. Do oil heaters use a lot of power?
A. Oil heaters are more efficient in terms of power consumption as they use less electricity over a period of time thanks to thermostatic and Auto cut features.
Q. Do I need to refill the oil heater?
A. An oil filled radiator is incredibly efficient as it can be moved from room to room; even after it has warmed up, moreover you do not need to refill the oil as the heater is powered by electricity.