Having the best kitchen gloves in India can help you to maintain not only hygiene, but also save from unnecessary cuts and bruises while performing tasks like chopping and cutting vegetables.
Dishwashing is done on a daily basis in the majority of the Indian kitchens, but unless you have a dishwasher, the experience is not very good as there is always a risk of burns from the hot water, nails damage due to harsh chemicals from detergents, etc. But with the help of best dishwashing gloves in India, you can save yourself from all the trouble and most importantly, keep your kitchen clean and tidy.
Today, in this post we are going to review the best gloves for kitchen in India in 2021 and the best part is all these kitchen gloves are reusable and all purpose so you can use the same gloves for a variety of other tasks too such as scrubbing, planting, cleaning, dusting, sanitation, etc.
While looking for the best kitchen gloves, these are some of the basic things you should know:
- Material of the gloves
- Length of the gloves
- Should be able to provide a good grip
- Should be heat resistant
- Should be resistant to cuts and edges as well
Not many people know, but you will find kitchen gloves in India in different materials such as Silicone, Latex, Nitrile, etc. To know which one is the best, you can also refer to our “Buying Guide” on the best kitchen gloves in India.
Best Kitchen Gloves in India in 2021 Comparison
Gloves Material Size Weight User Ratings Check Price Cartshopper Silicone Standard 65 grams Carecroft Silicone Standard 240 grams ZOQWEID Silicone Standard 229 grams Woogor Latex Standard 50 grams Kashi Surgicals Latex Medium & Large 370 grams SAFEYURA Nitrile Large 130 grams Woogor Nylon Standard 70 grams
Medium & Large
Best Kitchen Gloves in India in 2021 Reviews
1st product in our review of Best Kitchen Gloves in India in 2021 is from the brand Cartshopper. This is one of the bestselling kitchen gloves in India which is made from 100% food grade silicone and do not have any smell unlike cheap kitchen gloves.
Due to the natural grade silicone material, these gloves are very soft on the skin and avoids allergic reactions. What we liked about these kitchen gloves is its ability to resist heat up to 160 degree Celsius.
This means you can wear these kitchen gloves while dishwashing your utensils with hot water and that too up to 160 degree celsius or even use them to operate microwaves and take out hot oven dishes.
We were also impressed with the non slip textured surface which provides an amazing grip and control on the kitchen tools. You can use these multipurpose gloves for kitchens, dishwashers, fruit and vegetable cleaning, bathroom cleaning, bed cleaning, dusting, pet hair care, car washing, etc.
For all those who are trying to move away from Chinese products, this pair of gloves from Cartshopper are ideal as they are made in India and that is why, this is one of the best kitchen gloves in India in 2021.
Colour – Multi
Weight – 65 grams
Dimensions – 10 x 5 x 5 cm
Pros of Cartshopper Dishwashing Gloves:
Food Grade Silica Gel gloves
Non slip and waterproof
Comes with wash scrubber to remove stubborn stains
No need to use scotch bright
Make in India
Cons of Cartshopper Dishwashing Gloves:
Be a little careful with the glass vessels as they tend to slip from the hands
If you have been looking for the large sized kitchen gloves, you can go for these silicone reusable gloves from Carecroft. These gloves come with a great scrubbing functionality using which you can quickly wash away all the stains and extend its use to cars, pets, bathroom, etc.
You can also put these gloves into the dishwasher and disinfect it with 320 Fahrenheit water for easy sterilisation process. As far as resistance to heat is concerned, you can wear these gloves while washing it with hot water and also take out hot dishes from the microwave.
While using these kitchen gloves, we noticed that it really keeps the hands dry and the soft bristles on the gloves helps to remove any soap left on the utensils. The bristles will avoid your hands from pruning, a good thing for people with sensitive skin.
We felt that the gloves can initially be a bit loose for the people with smaller palm size, but with the comfort grip you can get used to it in a few days of usage. If you are okay with Made in China products, you can opt for these dishwashing gloves from Carecroft.
Colour – Aqua Blue
Weight – 240 grams
Dimensions – 23.2 x 14.8 x 4.8 cm
Pros of Carecroft Silicone Reusable Gloves:
160 degrees heat resistance
Non slip and waterproof
Soft and gentle gloves
Comes with wash scrubber
Cons of Carecroft Silicone Reusable Gloves:
Made in China
Another kitchen dishwashing glove that comes with scrubber attached to it. These kitchen gloves are made from high quality and premium silicone material. This is an ideal kitchen glove set for those who only want a Make in India product.
With the help of non-slip textured surface on these gloves, you can be assured your utensils will not slip from your hands while washing. The good thing is the scrubber makes it quite easy to create foam, so there is no waste of detergent.
Since these gloves are elastic, they will fit hands of all sizes as you can easily maneuver the gloves according to the palm size. The soft bristles on the finger and large ones on the palm is well thought of while creating these kitchen gloves.
You can use this pair of gloves for scrubbing, washing dishes, fruit and vegetable cleaning, household cleaning and washing the car as well.
We were also impressed with the quality and durability of these gloves, and you can go for it for daily kitchen and other cleaning tasks. Definitely, these gloves from ZOQWEID are the Best Dishwashing Gloves in India in 2021.
Colour – Multi
Weight – 229 grams
Dimensions – 10 x 8 x 8 cm
Pros of ZOQWEID Silicone Scrubbing Gloves:
Heat resistant kitchen gloves
Anti skid surface
Comes with wash scrubber
Made in India
Cons of ZOQWEID Silicone Scrubbing Gloves:
The first 3 kitchen gloves in our review of best dishwashing gloves in India were made from Silicone. This pair of kitchen glove is made from 100% natural latex and instead of 1 pair, you get 2 pairs of kitchen gloves from Woogor.
Latex is one of the most commonly used material in dishwashing gloves and the best thing about latex is that it is biodegradable as well as cheap. However, you should know there is a downside as well to latex that it may not suit people with allergies. So, only consider buying latex kitchen gloves if you are not allergic.
The grip of these rubber gloves is quite good due to the pattered surface along the fingers. You will notice that the inner surface of these latex gloves is coated with a layer of velveteen. This layer helps in avoiding any kind of sweat, and you can easily remove glove from your hands after the use.
Due to the natural latex material, these gloves are extremely lightweight at only 50 grams, meaning you can wear these gloves for longer durations. While testing, we noticed that the gloves are durable, sturdy and wearing them or taking it off is quiet hassle free.
Another thing you should know is avoid hanging these gloves to prevent any kind of wear and tear. Overall, if you are not allergic, you can get these latex gloves from Woogor as they are one of the best kitchen gloves in India.
Colour – Multi
Weight – 50 grams
Dimensions – 3 x 2 x 9 cm
Pros of Woogor Reusable Latex Hand Gloves:
2 pairs of kitchen gloves
Cons of Woogor Reusable Latex Hand Gloves:
Made in China
May not suit people with allergies
Another set of latex hand gloves that comes in a pair of 3 and can be reused for a variety of tasks such as kitchen cleaning, bathroom, car, pet, garden, etc.
These reusable kitchen gloves are made of food grade PVC material and are odourless in nature. The extended cuffs on the gloves provides an effective barrier protection for wrist and forearm from all kinds of liquids.
You can be assured about the durability of these gloves as they are 0.2 mm thicker than the standard kitchen gloves. You will see a textured surface on the palm area for anti-slip performance.
Other than the choice of colours, these gloves are pretty good to go and something you can try out for your household tasks.
Colour – Blue, Orange, Red and Green
Weight – 370 grams
Dimensions – 21 x 13 x 3 cm
Pros of Kashi Surgicals Victor Cleaning Gloves:
3 pairs of kitchen gloves
Made in Thailand
Cons of Kashi Surgicals Victor Cleaning Gloves:
No choice of colours
These kitchen cleaning gloves from Safeyura are made from Nitrile which is also known as a premium replacement for latex material gloves. You will see these Nitrile gloves being used in restaurants and hospitals as they are ideal for grip and are excellent when it comes to comfort and safety.
For all those who could not choose latex gloves due to allergies can go for Nitrile gloves as they are a perfect choice for those with latex allergy. Coming back to these cleaning gloves from Safeyura, they have a flexible chemical protection across a diverse range of applications be it cleaning, dusting, etc.
In terms of durability, with a thickness of 22 mm and 18 inches of length, these gloves enjoy a better and superior snag, puncture and abrasion protection over rubber or neoprene gloves and perfectly suitable for heavy-duty cleaning applications.
On a lighter note, you might find these kitchen gloves a bit on the expensive side, but once bought you will not regret your choice as they are easily the best dishwashing gloves in India.
Colour – Green
Weight – 130 grams
Dimensions – 25.7 x 19.2 x 4.7 cm
Pros of SAFEYURA Cleaning Gloves:
Better material than others
Premium replacement for latex gloves
Solid protection against oils, solvents, greases, animal fats, etc.
Ideal for heavy duty cleaning tasks
Made in Thailand
Cons of SAFEYURA Cleaning Gloves:
Our last product in today’s review of best kitchen gloves in India is Nylon gloves from Woogor. This is a set of 1 pair of kitchen gloves that can be used from the either side.
The material used is Nylon, and it is 100% food safe. If you are looking for the best kitchen gloves for cutting vegetables in India, you can go for Woogor Knife cut Nylon gloves as they are ideal for cutting, slicing, peeling, and grating in the kitchen along with wood carving, carpentry, etc.
These gloves have a superior grip with a snug fit for small and large hands and are ideal for jobs that requires complete agility. When it comes to the durability, these kitchen gloves have the highest level of cut resistant material available in the market which is 4x stronger than the leather.
One thing you should know is that these gloves will not cover your hands till elbow, but will only cover palms but at this price, you can certainly go for these kitchen gloves without giving it a lot of thought.
Colour – Multi
Weight – 70 grams
Dimensions – 5 x 1 x 10 cm
Pros of Woogor Knife Cut Gloves:
Level 5 cut resistance
Cons of Woogor Knife Cut Gloves:
Only cover palms
Which is the Best Kitchen Glove in India in 2021
A good kitchen glove will go a long way to protect your hands from burns and cuts and also help you in keeping your kitchen neat and clean. At the same time, these gloves will be very beneficial in winters due to their ability to resist heat up to 160 degree celsius. In this buying guide, we will review different types of material for kitchen gloves, how to choose the best kitchen glove and some other facts.
Types of Kitchen Gloves (Material)
To put this in very simple words, you will not be able to choose the best kitchen glove if you don’t know the different types of material a kitchen glove can be made from. The type of material is one of the most prominent factors in deciding whether your kitchen gloves will be efficient or not. Let’s review the most common types of kitchen glove material in India to make the best decision.
1. Polyethylene Gloves
- These Gloves have a loose fit design
- Ideal for kitchen tasks such as salad making, sandwich preparation
- Regularly used in bakery shops
- Extremely lightweight and disposable
- Not very durable due to easy wear and tear
- Best Polyethylene Gloves in India – ZEONELY MART Disposable hand Gloves
2. Latex Gloves
- One of the most commonly used material in kitchen gloves
- Is affordable, cheap and biodegradable
- Some people might be allergic to this material
- Has the capability to resist dirt, oils, corrosion, acid, and other chemicals
- Extremely flexible and versatile
- Best Latex Gloves in India – Rakshan Natural Latex All-Purpose Powder-Free Gloves
3. Neoprene Gloves
- Ideal for heavy duty use
- Extremely sturdy and lasts longer
- Not disposable and you can wear it again and again
- Perfect for dishwashing and cleaning
- Best Neoprene Gloves in India – SAFEYURA Neoprene Rubber Safety Hand Gloves
4. Vinyl Gloves
- Alternative to latex
- Resistant to high temperatures, chemicals, etc
- Eco friendly, but not very durable
- Ideal for people with allergies
- Best Vinyl Gloves in India – Grip-O-Care Nitrile Vinyl Gloves
5. Nitrile Gloves
- Best alternative to latex
- Recommended as the best choice for cleaning gloves
- Made from synthetic rubber
- Tight fitting and ideal for food service
- Best Nitrile Gloves in India – Hand Pro Synthetic Nitrile Powder-Free Hand Gloves
5 Benefits of Kitchen Gloves
1. Hot water is essential to remove stubborn stains from the dishes and without kitchen gloves, you will find it hard to clean those stains. With temperature resistant kitchen gloves, cleaning dishes will no longer be a task.
2. Cleaning dishes regularly can result in pruning which is not very comfortable, and it does not look pretty as well. With the help of kitchen gloves, you can not only prevent pruning, but you can also save yourself from cuts and bruises.
3. The mixture of soap and slippery dishes is not a good combination as it can result in breakage of your precious crockery. These days, kitchen gloves comes with grip and anti-skid surface which can prevent breakage of the slippery utensils.
4. Five minutes of washing dishes with water can result in softening and weakening of your nails over a period of time. A pair of gloves can prevent this chipping easily.
5. Removing those slimy stains can be gross especially if you are not used to it, using kitchen gloves can help you to avoid that feeling and experience.
How to Choose the Best Kitchen Gloves
1. Type of Gloves: When you buy the kitchen gloves for the first time, you will need to figure out whether you need the reusable or disposable kitchen gloves. Disposable kitchen gloves are good for one time use only. On the other hand, you can wear reusable gloves for multiple times, but you should also dispose it if you see notice any signs of wear and tear. It is usually recommended to go for reusable kitchen gloves.
2. Design of the Gloves: Length of the kitchen gloves varies from 9 to 12 inches, and it is important to pick the gloves with a decent length, so you can get maximum protection from heat and water at the same time. Another factor you should key in is the thickness of the gloves, the wider the better.
3. Material of the Gloves: You will see kitchen gloves made from different materials such as Polyethylene, Latex, Nitrile, Vinyl, Neoprene. Before buying a kitchen glove, you should know the pros and cons of each of these material type.
4. For Cleaning and Dishwashing: While you are cleaning the dishes, your hands come in contact with various chemicals, soaps, and other harsh substances. Thus, the hand hygiene becomes very important. To keep your hands safe from these chemicals, you can consider buying Neoprene gloves as they specialise in dishwashing.
5. For Cooking and Food Preparation: If you are going to need kitchen gloves for kitchen related tasks such as cutting, chopping of fruits, vegetables, you can go for non powdered variant of latex or vinyl gloves as they are non-toxic and will not cause allergies.
6. Heat Resistance: Heat resistance is one of the most important factors you should look at before buying the kitchen gloves. If your gloves do not offer resistance to heat, they will not last for long plus, you will end up getting injuries all over. The good thing is most of the kitchen gloves in India offers heat resistance for up to 160 degree celsius.
7. Cuts Resistant: When you are chopping and cutting veggies in the kitchen, there is always a risk of knife passing through your gloves. Hence, it makes sense to go for the gloves that offers resistance to cuts and edges.
8. Water Resistance: In summers, when the temperatures can soar up to 45 degrees, it’s very easy for the palms to get sweaty while you are wearing the gloves. Sweat can lead to slippage and breakage of the crockery. Therefore, lookout for the kitchen gloves that comes with water resistant coating inside.
9. Skin Friendly: If you have any sort of allergy, you should be very careful while looking out for the kitchen gloves. Kitchen gloves made from latex material can cause allergies and hence, you should pay attention at the gloves material.