Top 7 Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India under 1000 INR — (UPDATED 2022)
Whether you are looking for the best electric vegetable chopper in India under 1000 INR or the best automatic vegetable chopper in India, the chances are Google will send you to this page.
An electric chopper is a much faster way to chop the veggies, as compared to a manual vegetable chopper.
An electric vegetable chopper also allows you to chop the vegetables as per the different speed settings, and this way, you can achieve more with a chopper.
Before you decide to buy the best electric chopper in India in 2022, there are some things you should know:
- Capacity of the chopper
- Power consumption
- Blade material
- Number of blades
- BPA free jar
- Is there a warranty on the chopper
Some of the best electric vegetable chopper brands in India are Inalsa, Borosil, Orpat, Glen, Preethi, Hilton and Brayden.
To make your research more easy, we have created a very comprehensive “Buying Guide“ as well on the Best Electric Chopper in India.
Quick Glance - Best Electric Vegetable Choppers in India
Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India - Comparison 2022
Orpat Express 250-Watt Chopper
Borosil Chef Delite 300-Watt Chopper
Inalsa Bullet 400-W Electric Chopper
Glen Mini Chopper 4043 Plus
Brayden 200W Food Chopper
Preethi Turbo Chop 450-Watt Chopper
Hilton Electric Chopper
Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India Reviews (2022)
Orpat is one of the best electric vegetable chopper brands in India.
Orpat is not a new name in Indian Consumer durables industry and over the past few years, Orpat has grown in terms of consumer base and currently has presence in over 45 countries across the globe. Not many people know, but Orpat is a part of Ajanta group.
Speaking about the express chopper from Orpat, it has a powerful 250 watts motor and the best part is it works with very little noise. The 250W chopper is ideal to chop your veggies evenly and also make smoothies, fruit shakes, baby paste, salad dressings etc.
When we tested this chopper, we were able to get a tomato puree within a few seconds and minimal effort. There is a Grey coloured 1-push button on the top that allows you to start and stop the chopper, simple and easy to use.
The chopper also includes a guard cover to protect and contain splashes and the cover can be used as a container after chopping, so it is kind of multipurpose. Blades are the heart of any vegetable chopper and Orpat has launched this product with powerful blade technology.
If you decide to use the jar as a container and keep it in fridge, capacity is 700 ml or if you use it as a chopper, you can load veggies up to 500 ml. This is because, you should always leave some space for the food items to be processed inside the chopper.
To ensure the chopper does not move while in operation, Orpat has created this product with 360 degrees anti slippery base. As an icing on the cake, you also get 2 years of warranty on the best vegetable chopper in India under 1,500 rupees.
If you are looking for the best automatic chopper for vegetables in India, pick Orpat as it is an ideal vegetable chopper if you are buying an electric chopper for the 1st time.
Orpat Chopper Specifications:
Weight: 1.42 kgs
Product Dimensions: 25.8 x 14.8 x 14.7 cm
Orpat Express 250-Watt Chopper Pros and Cons
What we loved!
What can be Improved?
Borosil is yet another brand in India that is recognised by all and does not need a lot of branding. The 300 Watts food chopper from Borosil is the Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India and here is why we think so.
First and foremost, you will be smitten by the looks of this Borosil chopper as it comes with a black cover on the top and the rest of the bottom portion is transparent and allows you to see the veggies getting chopped. The transparent jar is airtight sealed as well.
This chopper has a capacity of 600 ml and comes with 2 sets of sharp edged stainless steel blades for better and faster chopping i.e. a single blade and a dual blade for fine chopping. The 300W and 100% copper winding motor has been designed to make less noise while in operation.
Borosil has included Thermal Auto Cut-Off technology in this chopper which ensures there will not be any overheating and the chopper will switch off automatically as per the temperature. Base of the chopper is made from rubber and will not move while you chop the food items.
Borosil offers a 2 year warranty on this chopper so you can without a doubt go for this best electric vegetable chopper in India. Overall, a highly recommended food chopper for all food makers and kitchen lovers.
Overall, you can go for Borosil chopper if you are looking for the best electric vegetable cutter in India.
Note: Do not try to chop frozen items, spices, coffee, rice etc in this chopper to avoid damage to the chopping blade. Similarly, peel off the outer layer of dry fruits before you put them into the chopper.
Borosil Chopper Specifications:
Weight: 0.96 kgs
Package Dimensions: 12.6 x 12.6 x 25 cm
Borosil Chef Delite 300W Chopper Pros and Cons
What we loved!
What can be Improved?
Formed in 1967, Inalsa is a subsidiary of Taurus Group, headquartered in Spain, which is one of the most popular brands in Europe due to its innovative range of appliances. In India, Inalsa is one of the leading brands in Home appliances category.
Speaking about the Inalsa Bullet Chopper, it is a powerful and sleek kitchen appliance with 400W motor and stainless steel decoration on the front which makes the chopper look very appealing. It comes with a 500ml transparent processing bowl that is dishwasher safe too.
The chopper has high quality double layer detachable chopper blades for fine chopping, cutting, mincing etc. The double chopping blade can also be used as a single chopping blade. The bowl comes with a lid so it can be used as a container with a capacity of 900 ml.
There is a press button on the top that allows you to fine tune your veggies as per your need. The best part about this chopper is it comes with an integrated safety sensor which ensures the motor will not run in case all parts of the chopper are not properly fitted.
Similar to other electric food choppers, this one too has an anti-slip base to provide firmness while in operation. The jar is made from unbreakable ABS plastic to ensure years of usage and the multi-splash guard bowl lid can be used as a cover of processing bowl after chopping.
The only con we could find with this chopper is that the motor is a little noisy as compared to the 1st two choppers, but since there is a 2 Years Warranty on this product, some noise should not be a showstopper.
Inalsa has another chopper in the market which gives you added flexibility to change chopping speed with the 2 speed settings. You can pick the chopper with 2 speed option if you are looking to play around and experiment a little with your veggies.
You can certainly pick Inalsa chopper if you are looking for the best electric food chopper in India.
Inalsa Chopper Specifications:
Weight: 0.86 kgs
Package Dimensions: 13 x 13 x 24.8 cm
Inalsa Bullet 400W Electric Chopper Pros and Cons
What we loved!
What can be Improved?
If you have been looking for the best electric chopper for vegetables in India, take a look at Glen chopper.
For those who do not know this brand, Glen is an Irish company specialising in Consumer electrical goods. In India, you will see a lot of kitchen chimneys, induction cooktops, food processor etc from Glen.
With this Glen Mini Chopper and a motor of 250W, you can do a number of functions like whisking eggs, chopping vegetables, preparing breadcrumbs, grinding herbs, etc.
Steel blades of this chopper are rust resistant and have been designed and curved in a way that it delivers perfect chopping results in no time.
As a test, we tried to chop some onions, make tomato puree, mince garlic and results were impressive with little effort. Plastic used in the body of the chopper is food-safe meaning it is non-toxic and also the jar is of unbreakable quality with a capacity of 400 ml.
You get an additional bowl with this chopper so you can store food items when there is a need. Due to push start operation, you will have easy access to start and stop and also control how much do you want to chop. Base of the jar has a non slip ring for stability.
This chopper comes with a whisker disc which is designed to effectively make frothy batters, creams, mayonnaise, cocktails etc.
The only con is instead of 2 years, Glen offers a 1 year warranty on this food chopper but with whisker disc and an additional bowl, this is a good deal if you are looking for the Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India.
Glen Chopper Specifications:
Weight: 1 kg
Package Dimensions: 34.3 x 13.7 x 13.5 cm
Glen Mini Chopper 4043 Plus Pros and Cons
What we loved!
What can be Improved?
An elegant looking food chopper and designed as per European standards for all your Chopping, Mincing, Squashing & Grinding needs. The chopper has Stainless Steel Blades positioned at 30 degrees swivel angle for best cutting and chopping experience.
Unlike traditional vegetable choppers that comes in Black and White colour, this one is Burgundy colour and looks very appealing right out of the box. You get a 1 litre bowl with this chopper that can be used to chop large quantities of fruits and vegetables in one go.
With an Anti-skid Quadra base, your chopper will stay at 1 place without any movement while you take care of your chopping, grinding, mincing, blending needs. You only have to press top of the lid once to start, stop the chopping process.
There is also a Spill protection guard lid for clean and safe usage in this 300 Watts electric chopper. There is no warranty on this chopper so you will have to be careful while using this electric chopper.
This chopper from Brayden is an ideal choice for those looking for the best small electric vegetable chopper in India.
Brayden Chopper Specifications:
Weight: 1.2 kgs
Product Dimensions: 28.2 x 17.6 x 15.2 cm
Brayden 200W Express Food Chopper Pros and Cons
What we loved!
What can be Improved?
When it comes to kitchen appliances, Preethi is a reputable brand in Indian market and also one of the best electric vegetable chopper brands in India.
This brand started with mixer grinders in 1978 and as of 2022, they have a presence in U.S, Sri Lanka, Middle East and India.
The Turbo Chopper from Preethi has a strong 450 watts motor to chop all types of veggies, fruits, nuts. Blades are pure Stainless Steel and we found blades to be extremely sharp in our tests.
With a bowl capacity of 700 ml, you can chop lots of food ingredients at once. The large capacity bowl is directly attached to the motor.
The chopper works on the basis of 1 touch button and you will see a reading on the jar container from 100 ml to 500 ml.
Overall, we found the Turbo Chopper from Preethi to be of extremely good quality, blades seems sharp and jar quality is also sturdy, but the price is a little on the expensive side as compared to other electric vegetable choppers.
Preethi does not offer a warranty on this product, but it’s a genuine chopper with good quality so if you are okay with no warranty, you can certainly go for Preethi Turbo Chopper since it is one of the best automatic chopper for vegetables in India in 2022.
Preethi Turbo Chop Specifications:
Weight: 675 grams
Product Dimensions: 26.01 x 14.4 x 13 cm
Preethi Turbo 450-Watt Chopper Pros and Cons
What we loved!
What can be Improved?
Last product in our review of Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India is the Hilton Electric Chopper. If you are looking for an economical chopper with the least power consumption, you should go for Hilton Chopper as it is the Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India under 1,000 rupees.
The electric chopper from Hilton only consumes 200 watts of power consumption and is very well priced, which is why we call this a budget buy. In terms of looks, the chopper has a colour combination of “Red and White” which looks very vibrant for any kitchen.
The 200 watts motor can run for continuous 3 minutes which is more than enough for your chopping and whipping needs. The transparent bowl has a massive capacity of 1,000 ml and it is made from unbreakable poly carbonate plastic.
The Chopper comes with 2 sets of rotors:
- Set of 2 single edged blades – For fine cutting, chopping of veggies and fruits
- Whipping blade – Make smoothies, milkshakes, lassi etc
Blades of the chopper are of Stainless steel quality and are rust resistant too. Non-slip ring on the chopper gives an added stability and ergonomic handling.
With the push start feature, 1 year of warranty and most importantly a budget buy, Hilton Electric Chopper is certainly the Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India under 1,000 rupees.
Hilton Chopper Specifications:
Weight: 200 grams
Product Dimensions: 28.1 x 18.3 x 16 h
Hilton Electric Chopper Pros and Cons
What we loved!
What can be Improved?
Wrapping Up - Which is the Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India (2022)
We have 3 choices for the Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India.
Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India under 2,000 rupees – Borosil Chef Delite Chopper
Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India under 1,500 rupees – Orpat Express Chopper
Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India under 1,000 rupees – Hilton Electric Chopper
Buying Guide - Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India
You can get a manual vegetable chopper for as low as 300 rupees in India, so why should you even invest in an electric vegetable chopper?
Besides spending your money on the best electric vegetable chopper in India, do you wonder what is the difference between Manual and Electric Vegetable Chopper, what are the benefits of buying an electric food chopper over manual food chopper, what are the factors you should look at before buying a vegetable chopper, how to clean your vegetable chopper?
Let’s go through the Buying Guide to get all these answers.
What is an Electric Vegetable Chopper?
An electric vegetable chopper, as the name suggests, is an electronic and automated way of chopping the vegetables. An electric chopper comes equipped with a bowl, stainless steel blades and a powerful motor. In addition to chopping of vegetables, an electric chopper can also handle mincing, slicing, grinding, and cubing of vegetables, fruits, nuts, meat, and cheese.
As compared to a manual vegetable chopper, an electric chopper saves a lot of time and effort. Though it is priced more than a manual vegetable chopper, an electric chopper has its own set of benefits, especially when you have large batches of vegetables to chop.
The price of an electric vegetable chopper varies from 700 to 1,500 rupees and some of the best electric vegetable chopper brands in India are Borosil, Orpat, Inalsa, Glen, Brayden, Preethi and Hilton.
Electric vs Manual Vegetable Chopper
Although both these types of chopper does the job for you, there is a little difference in the way they function and of course in terms of price as well. Let’s review the difference between these two:
- Electric choppers are designed in a way that they will function from electricity. Manual choppers do not need an electricity source and operate with the push of a handle.
- The price of an electric chopper starts from 800 INR in India whereas you can get a manual chopper for as low as 150 INR.
- In terms of efficiency, electric choppers are very efficient as they take less amount of time to chop fruits and veggies as compared to manual vegetable choppers.
- The amount of physical work will be more in a manual chopper as you continuously need to push or slide the handle. On the other hand, you only need to connect the electric chopper to a power source, switch on the button and that’s it.
- Cleaning is much easier in a manual chopper as compared to an electric chopper.
- As far as maintenance is concerned, manual choppers do not need a lot of maintenance, but with electric choppers you will need to take care of the motor, power source, etc.
- There is always an underlying chance of injuries with a manual chopper especially if you are not experienced. Electric choppers are relatively safe and easy to use.
Electric Vegetable Chopper vs Food Processor
A lot of people have this question “if a food processor is the same as a food chopper”
In reality, a food processor is the bigger version of a food chopper which can do more than just chopping the veggies. Let’s see some main differences between an electric vegetable chopper and a food processor.
1). Slicing, Shredding and Dicing – While you can easily slice, shred and dice veggies with a food processor, this is not something that can be achieved with a food chopper. A food processor comes with multiple attachments and whisks, whereas a food chopper only has a bowl, motor and stainless steel blades.
2). Capacity – A food processor comes with a large bowl capacity, so you can prepare large batches of food at once. On the other hand, the bowl capacity in an electric vegetable chopper is limited upto 1 litre, which means you can prepare limited batches at a time.
3). Motor – The motor of an electric appliance decides its power and capabilities. If you compare the power of a motor between a food chopper and a food processor, the food processor has a better motor any given day. Due to the powerful motor, a food processor can perform tough tasks like mozzarella cheese, knead bread or pizza dough.
4). Storage – For kitchens with limited countertop or low cabinet space, an electric vegetable chopper is a much better choice as compared to a food processor. This is simply because a food processor is much heavier and bulky, and requires more space in the kitchen.
5). Affordability – If you are on a low budget, it makes more sense to go for a vegetable chopper, since a food processor is very expensive. The price of an electric vegetable chopper varies around 1,000 rupees, whereas, the average price of a food processor is around 6,000 rupees.
6). Ideal for – A food processor is ideal for Kneading, chopping, shredding, slicing, grinding, grating, pureeing. On the other hand, an electric vegetable chopper is best for small and routine chopping tasks.
Types of Choppers
Depending on what do you want to do in the kitchen, there are different types of choppers available in the Indian market. Each of these choppers are designed to achieve a specific task in the kitchen and comes with its own pros and cons too. While we already know about the electric and manual vegetable choppers, let’s review the other types of choppers as well —
The name of this chopper comes from the musical instrument Mandoline that has forward and backward motions. A mandoline slicer can also be used in different motions depending on how do you want the veggies to be chopped. A mandoline comes handy when you want the veggies to be sliced uniformly and in equal shapes, for example – potato chips.
Which is the best Mandoline slicer in India in 2022 – Ikea Stainless Steel Mandoline where you can choose between 3 different thicknesses of what you slice by using the dial on the back is the best Mandoline slicer in India in 2022.
A wedger is a simple device that is used to separate a vegetable to get a desired shape. You will see a lot of professional shops using a wedger to create wedges of orange, lime, lemon, pineapple, etc. With the help of a wedger, you can cut the whole fruit into individual wedges so that seeds and core can be discarded, if needed.
Which is the best Wedger in India in 2022 – BoWoZe Thicker Stainless Steel Peeler for Easy Core Removal & Slicing with Wedger is the best Mandoline slicer in India in 2022.
A grinder as the name suggest can be used to grind veggies and fruits according to the taste and requirement. You can also use a vegetable grinder for mincing meat, and other food items. This tool allows you to get finely minced veggies with minimal effort.
Which is the best Vegetable Grinder in India in 2022 – Grofly Electric Meat Grinder Machine Vegetable Chopper Cutter Mixer is the best Mandoline slicer in India in 2022.
With the help of a vegetable peeler, you can peel off the skin from a potato, carrot, cucumber, etc in a matter of few seconds. Although a lot of people can perform these tasks with a kitchen knife, but honestly speaking the time and effort will both increase if you don’t have a kitchen peeler. We have also written a detailed guide on the Best Vegetable Peeler in India that you can check out.
Which is the best Vegetable Peeler in India in 2022 – Victorinox Multipurpose Peeler with Stainless Steel Serrated Edge Kitchen Tool for Home & Professional Use is the best Vegetable Peeler in India in 2022.
Be it potatoes, onions, carrots, cucumbers, you will find a dicer most helpful to dice all sorts of vegetables into very small pieces. These dicers work with the press down of a blade, the pull of a rope, or the crank of an arm. The blade of a vegetable dicer is extremely sharp and the body is a combination of ABS plastic and stainless steel blades.
Which is the best Vegetable Dicer in India in 2022 – Ganesh Multipurpose Vegetable and Fruit Chopper Cutter Grater Slicer which comes with a large unbreakable container with rubber grip base is the best Vegetable Dicer in India in 2022.
Instead of getting a separate cutter for lettuce, onion, tomatoes, you can get one vegetable cutter that serves the purpose of all. A vegetable cutter is an extremely versatile tool in the kitchen which can be used for a variety of things. This is also the most traditional form of a vegetable chopper you will see in Indian households.
Which is the best Vegetable Cutter in India in 2022 – Anjali Fantastique Flexie Stainless Steel Vegetable Cutter with long lasting nylon handle tempered magnetic stainless steel razor sharp two sided blades to chop vegetables and fruits is the best Vegetable Cutter in India in 2022.
7 Benefits of Electric Vegetable Chopper
1. Time Savings: One of the most important reason you buy a vegetable chopper is to save time. Who likes to shed tears in the kitchen by chopping onions manually? With an electric vegetable chopper, you can save at least 60% of your time spent in the kitchen.
2. Effortless: For those who have chopped vegetables manually will know and understand the amount of effort that goes into it. With the help of an electric vegetable chopper, the entire process is absolutely effortless and done within seconds, not even minutes.
3. Accessories: With most of the electric food choppers, you get an extra bowl that can be used as a container to store food items when not in use. Imagine the amount of money you will have to spend to get that bowl of at least 500 ml and here you can get it for free.
4. Flexibility: Electric vegetable choppers comes with several choices such as wattage from 2ooW – 500W, different blade types, capacity of the container, anti-skid base, etc. All these options and choices gives you an added flexibility to choose exactly what you need.
5. Extra Add-Ons: These days choppers are not just limited to chopping, but they can also perform other functions such as whisking, whipping, pureeing, grinding etc. The blades are basically designed creatively to do more things than expected.
6. Portability: Electric choppers being compact in size are a perfect choice for portability if you are a frequent traveller or move from one place to another. This is a kitchen accessory that will last for years to come, hence portability matters.
7. Captivating: You can still choose to cut and chop vegetables with your hands, but having an electric chopper gives your kitchen an elegant and captivating look.
Disadvantages of Electric Vegetable Chopper
1. Expensive: If you are on a budget and looking for a vegetable chopper, go for a manual vegetable chopper, since an electric vegetable chopper is expensive. The price of an electric vegetable chopper is at least 5x as compared to a manual vegetable chopper.
2. Safety: If you have kids in the house who often roam in the kitchen, you will have to ensure they stay away from the electric vegetable chopper. This type of chopper works on the basis of electricity and can cause injuries, if not used according to the instructions.
3. Cleaning & Maintenance: Since an electric food chopper works with the help of electricity, cleaning and maintenance can often get tedious. You will have to be careful and make sure to detach all the parts of the electric food chopper before cleaning them first.
10 Things to Know Before Buying an Electric Vegetable Chopper
1. Type of Chopper: Vegetable choppers are of 2 types – electric and non-electric. Whether you want to chop your vegetables using the manual string and thread or you want to press 1 button to perform the same function depends on you. Basis that, you can pick the appropriate chopper.
2. Capacity: If you are only going to chop onions and tomatoes, you can go for a 300 ml or 500 ml chopper. But if you want to chop potatoes and other big veggies, you will need a bigger container such as 700 ml to 1000 ml.
3. Blades: In an electric chopper, blades and motor are the heart and both these parts have to be perfect for an ideal electric vegetable chopper. Ensure blades are of Stainless Steel quality with resistance to rust and nothing is better than detachable blades.
4. Plastic Quality: Since you are going to put your veggies and fruits into the jar, it is important that plastic is of good quality and is non-toxic. Choose the vegetable chopper with BPA free plastic container.
5. Dishwasher Compatible: If your vegetable chopper is dishwasher compatible, there is nothing like it. All you will need to do is add some liquid detergent and wash the chopper in hot/cold water without doing anything manually.
6. Power Consumption: As written before, motor and blades are the heart of a vegetable chopper. The wattage that motor consumes is very important to the performance of the chopper. In simple words, higher the wattage, lesser the time taken to cut and chop vegetables.
7. Warranty: Nothing comes with a guaranty, but some things do come with warranty. Hence, go for a vegetable chopper that comes with a warranty so you at least have a chance to return the item or get it fixed in case anything is wrong with it.
8. Easy to Clean: Cleaning is an essential part of maintaining the vegetable chopper. Electric chopper can be a little difficult to clean, hence ensure blades can be detached as it makes the overall cleaning process much easier.
9. Stable Base: Pick the chopper that has a stable base, look out for “Anti-Skid” base feature in the chopper otherwise the chopper will move a lot while being operated.
10. Power Cord: Since this is an electric vegetable chopper, you will have to ensure length of the power cord is not too short so you can use the chopper anywhere in your kitchen. Ideal length should be around 1.2 metres of 4 foot.
7 Tips to Clean Your Electric Vegetable Chopper
We Indians are used to clean anything or everything with a wet cloth, but it does not work every time. When it comes to Electric Choppers, it can be a little difficult due to the blades and risk of water going into the motor.
Here are 5 useful and simple tips to clean, maintain your electric vegetable chopper:
1. Dismantle the Chopper: The easiest method to clean your food chopper is by gently dismantling it. When all parts of the chopper have been dismantled, you can clean all accessories separately and much effectively. Refer to the User Manual for instructions.
2. Remove Food Particles: At the bottom, there will be a chunk of food ingredients from the last time when you chopped something. Start by cleaning the large food leftovers or particles, you can simply rinse these particles using running water. After that, gently use a brush to remove small particles.
3. Use your Hands: Hand washing is a preferred method of cleaning electric food chopper than dishwashing. When you clean the chopper using your hands, you can notice even the minute food particles which may not be removed by dishwasher. Use warm water and keep all the parts of chopper in a sink and let the work begin.
4. The Main Part: A chopper is made up of blade, jar and lid. Wipe clean the parts with a damp cloth and use dry cloth when it comes to drying. Before doing this, read the user manual first.
5. The Dishwashing: If you prefer to clean the electric vegetable chopper using a dishwasher, remember to place food chopper parts on the top shelf of the dishwasher to avoid any damage to the plastic. Even better, use hands whenever you can.
6. Quicker the Better: The longer you wait to clean the food chopper, the more difficult it is going to get. This is because, some food items may stick to the bottom and when it becomes dry it will be very difficult to remove those small chunks. Therefore, clean the chopper as soon as you are done with the chopping.
7. Be Gentle: Remember how the TV remote starts working when you bang it on a hard surface, well this is not how you should clean the electric chopper. In order to remove stubborn food items, be gentle and use warm water and a brush.
5 Features to look for in a Electric Vegetable Chopper
There are literally thousands of Electric Vegetable Choppers in India, but before buying one ensure the chopper has these features:
1. Speed Settings: It is always good to have an appliance which can run or operate according to your needs. There are a very few choppers that gives you an option to adjust the speed of the chopping as per your requirements. This feature is most common in mixer grinders.
2. Wire Length: Since this is an electric chopper, it will have a wire to generate electricity. Ensure the wire cord has a sufficient length so you can keep your chopper and connect to the every nook and corner of your kitchen.
3. Extra Jars: Not all brands gives you an additional bowl, but if you do get one go for it. Extra jar can be used as a container or you can keep other food items in it.
4. Anti-Skid Base: If the base of the chopper is not static, you will have a hard time chopping your veggies. Make sure your chopper has an anti-skid base in a rubber form, this will ensure the chopper does not move while it is chopping the vegetables.
5. Rust Free Blades: Vegetables such as tomatoes leave a lot of fluids and continuous presence of liquid may end up in corrosion of the stainless steel blades. Hence, it is imperative to pick a chopper which has rust free blades. Thankfully, all the 7 choppers we have reviewed have rust free blades.
Most Asked Questions on Best Electric Vegetable Chopper in India
Q. What is the difference between a food processor and a food chopper?
A. The basic difference between a food processor and a food chopper is choppers are small in size and have fixed stationary blades. On the other hand, food processors are heavy and bulky and the blades of the processor can be interchanged. Vegetable food choppers can be electric or non-electric, but food processors need electricity to operate.
Due to interchangeable blades, a food processor is capable of handling many tasks such as chopping, shredding, and slicing vegetables, grinding meat, nuts or even grating cheese or veggies. In our opinion, you can go for a food chopper for small and routine day to day tasks.
A food chopper can handle between 1 to 4 cups whereas a food processor can handle up to 12 cups of food at a time, of course this depends on the model as well.
Q. What can you do with a food chopper?
A. Vegetable choppers are an awesome utility if used and maintained correctly. Having a chopper in your kitchen will reduce your kitchen time considerably and you can focus on other chores or simply relax and not do anything in that free time.
You can use the chopper in your day to day life by quickly chopping a few ingredients for use in a salad or dessert (e.g. onions, garlic, tomatoes, avocado, fruit, etc.)
Q. What can you not do with a food chopper?
A. Vegetable choppers have fixed blades and can be very handy and useful to carry out daily tasks such as cutting vegetables, fruits, etc. But just like everything, there are a few limitations with a food chopper.
It is recommended to chop nuts in a food processor, not in a food chopper. If your chopper allows you to chop or grind nuts, ensure you peel off the outer layer so it does not get stuck in the blade which might end up damaging the blades.
Q. Can I use vegetable chopper as a food processor?
A. Honestly speaking, you should not bother yourself with these kind of thoughts. Food processors are bulky, heavy duty and there is a reason they cost more than 5,000 rupees. On the other hand, veggie choppers are compact in size and most importantly, they are inexpensive.
A food processor is something you should get if you like to cook for crowds, bake on a regular basis, or you like to experiment in the kitchen. If these are not your requirements, you should stick with the food chopper.
Q. What is the difference between food chopper and a blender?
A. Blenders are pretty much like food processors except for the fact that a blender cannot perform cuts on solid foods. Blades of a blender are designed in a way that it is most useful in liquefying ingredients to make soup, sauces, etc.
Whereas a food chopper’s primary function is to cut vegetables, fruits, etc into minute pieces so you don’t have to manually do it.
Q. Can you make smoothies in a food chopper?
A. A lot of choppers allows you to make smoothies, so yes you can make smoothies but the overall process of making a smoothie is much better, simplified and effective with a blender.
Q. Where do I get an electrical vegetable/fruit chopper?
A. You can get an electrical vegetable chopper both offline and online on Flipkart, Amazon.
Q. Which electric vegetable chopper is the best in India?
A. Amongst the 7 reviewed best electric vegetable choppers in India, Borosil Chef Delite 300 Watts Chopper with 600 ml bowl, thermal auto cut off and low noise motor is the best electric vegetable chopper in India.
If you are looking for the Best electric vegetable chopper under 1,000 rupees in India, you can go for Hilton Electric Chopper that comes with 3 minutes of non-stop motor running, unbreakable poly carbonate processing bowl, high quality Stainless Steel Chopper & Whipping blade and a 1 year warranty.
Q. Is an electric vegetable chopper useful?
A. Yes, an electric vegetable chopper is very useful for daily chopping tasks. Having an electric vegetable chopper in the kitchen will allow you to cook food in less time and with less effort. Electric choppers are very handy for people who don’t want to flex their muscles to chop veggies on a day to day basis.
Q. How to use an electric chopper?
A. Electric vegetable choppers are fairly simple to use, all you have to do is find the nearest power source, switch on the electric chopper, and select the speed settings to chop the veggies. Depending on how fine or coarse you want the veggies to be, you can select the speed accordingly.