Have you been looking for the Best Dish Drying Rack in India, if yes you know important it is to let your dishes get dry before you move them to the cupboard.
Dish drying racks are also known as Dish Drainers, and they help in managing the kitchen utensils, and can store all types of crockery, etc.
Just as you need a spice rack to manage the spices, a dish drying rack is equally important to manage the dishes.
You will see these dish drying racks in mainly 3 materials – Stainless Steel, Plastic and Wooden.
Additionally, these dish drying baskets are collapsible, 2-tier, wall mounted or over the sink depending on their structure and the space in your kitchen.
In this post, we will review the 7 Best Dish Drying Rack in India or you can say 7 Best Dish Drainer in India as of 2022.
For your reference, this is how your kitchen will look before and after using a Dish Drying Rack:
You can also move directly to our “Buying Guide“ to know the different types of Dish Drying Rack and which one should you buy.
Editor’s Pick – Top 2 Best Dish Drying Rack in India
Best Dish Drying Rack in India 2022 Comparison
Best Dish Drying Rack Material Dimensions Check Price Embassy Stainless Steel 53 x 43 x 28 cm Parasnath Stainless Steel 54 x 50 x 18 cm Planet Premium Stainless Steel 61 x 46 x 20 cm Raawan ABS Plastic 36 x 12 x 8 cm Dayalu Stainless Steel 44 x 33 x 0.6 cm Stvin Plastic 93 x 74 x 41 cm Better Houseware Stainless Steel 49 x 21 x 11 cm
Best Dish Drying Rack
53 x 43 x 28 cm
54 x 50 x 18 cm
61 x 46 x 20 cm
36 x 12 x 8 cm
44 x 33 x 0.6 cm
93 x 74 x 41 cm
49 x 21 x 11 cm
Best Dish Drying Rack in India 2022 Reviews
1st dish drying rack in our today’s post is a Stainless Steel dish drainer from Embassy that can keep your kitchen neat, clean and organised.
This steel dish drainer basket is also one of the best heavy duty dish drying rack in India.
Unlike regular and old school dish drying racks, this rack comes with a red coloured rectangular drip tray that will hold water from the dishes and avoid water spillages.
The dish drainer is made from high quality Stainless steel with rust proof technology, so you don’t have to worry about water contact and rust.
The rectangular tray can be removed as per your requirement and it fits very nicely in the latch.
The legs of the dish drying rack have anti-skid grip so it won’t move while you use it to keep heavy utensils.
In our tests, we did place very heavy pots and pans in the dish rack and it didn’t budge a bit.
The best thing about this dish drying rack is the sliding drip tray which is easy to remove, so you can drain the water and put it back in place.
The dish rack is rectangular in shape and broader towards the top which allows you to stack up your dishes quite high.
We also felt Embassy could have made the tray a bit wider on all sides as water tend to drip on to the surface from the sides of the tray.
In terms of product quality and functioning, this stainless steel dish drying rack is a very well designed dish drainer that’s worth your money.
If you are looking for the best extra large dish drainer with drip tray in India in 2022, you can choose Embassy Extra-Large Dish Draining Basket.
Weight – 2.18 kgs
Dimensions – 53 x 43 x 28 cms
Material – Stainless Steel
Colour – Silver and Red (Tray)
Pros of Embassy Dish Draining Basket:
Well designed dish rack, drip tray is very handy to avoid water spills
High quality stainless steel
Rustproof and durable
Cons of Embassy Dish Draining Basket:
More space could have been given for spoons
Parasnath is an Indian company that specialises in premium yet affordable home space and kitchen appliances.
We did review one of their Cloth Drying Rack and found it to be very sturdy and impressive in its design.
Parasnath has created this high quality dish drying rack from Stainless steel and it comes with a high load bearing capacity and rust-free steel.
With a very simple and nice design, you will find this dish drying rack from Parasnath to be very sturdy and high quality.
Although this dish drying rack does not have a drip tray like Embassy Dish Drainer, but the important thing is that the base of this dish drying rack is slightly above the floor level which allows the spilled water to dry quickly and easily.
There is a stand on the sides of this dish drainer where you can store spoons and knives.
Overall, the dish drainer basket from Parasnath is one of the best dish drying rack for pots and pans in India.
Weight – 1.90 kgs
Dimensions – 54 x 50 x 18 cms
Material – Stainless Steel
Colour – Silver
Pros of Parasnath Heavy Stainless Steel Large Dish Drainer:
Quite strong and durable
Can store bigger utensils
Availability of 3 different sizes
Cons of Parasnath Heavy Stainless Steel Large Dish Drainer:
Does not have a drip tray
This dish drainer from Planet is an export quality dish drying rack that is available in 4 different sizes (this is the biggest one).
The dish rack is made from high quality Stainless steel and is ideal for storage of big vessels.
You will see plastic coated handles on 2 sides for a perfect grip so you can easily hold the dish rack even with wet utensils in it.
The best thing about Planet Premium Dish drainer is the way it has been constructed.
The dish rack has a very dense wire nest which has been welded extremely close to each other for superior strength.
You will also see double wired circular support to enhance durability of this product.
Overall, if you are looking for a strong dish drying rack that can hold large quantities of utensils and has extra support on sides, you can go for this dish drainer from Planet Premium.
Weight – 2.70 kgs
Dimensions – 61 x 46 x 20.2 cm
Material – Stainless Steel
Colour – Silver
Pros of Planet Premium High Grade Dish Drainer:
Available in 4 sizes
Dense wire next for extra support
Double wired circular support
Plastic handles for lift and carry purpose
Cons of Planet Premium High Grade Dish Drainer:
Brand has not been very clear about the warranty
If you have been looking for the best plastic dish drying rack in India or best plastic dish drainer, you can go for this 3 in 1 multi-purpose dish drying rack.
A lot of people don’t prefer buying stainless steel dish drying racks and that’s where a plastic dish drainer comes into picture.
This plastic dish drainer from Raawan has been made from high quality ABS Plastic and has a matte finish too.
You can use this dish drying rack for storing utensils as well as draining or drying utensils.
The best thing about this dish drying rack is it comes with a diversion tray at the bottom which ensures all spills are drained properly and helps in keeping your kitchen neat and clean.
Similar to this, there is also a dedicated slot for storing spoons and chopsticks so your cutlery will not mix with each other.
Being plastic material, there is no risk of rust and you can easily clean the dish drying rack with water.
As far as the capacity is concerned, you can keep 12 bowls, 2 dish plates and 10 other plates in this dish drying rack.
The only con with this dish drainer is there is only 1 standard size with dimensions of 36 x 12 x 8 cms, so consider this as a checkpoint keeping in mind the space you have in the kitchen.
To sum it up, the basket from Raavan is one of the best dish drying rack in India below 500 rupees.
Weight – 0.40 kgs
Dimensions – 36 x 12 x 8 cms
Material – ABS Plastic
Colour – Brown, Blue, Green and Pink
Pros of Raawan 3 in 1 Large Dish Drying Rack:
Extremely lightweight and multi-purpose
Diversion tray at the bottom for quick and effective drainage
Separate slot for spoons
Cons of Raawan 3 in 1 Large Dish Drying Rack:
Comes in only 1 standard size
If you have been looking for a multi-purpose and best over the sink dish drying rack in India, you can go for this silicon rollup dish drainer from Dayalu.
An over the sink dish drying rack is a perfect option for those with small kitchens, it helps in freeing up much needed counter space and also keeps water off the kitchen counters.
This dish rack from Dayalu can be folded when not in use and is made from stainless steel.
It is oil resistant, rust resistant, non-slip, glassware friendly and also stronger than stainless steel racks.
The best thing is you have an option to roll up the sink drying rack or cut the rubber to get the size you want as stainless steel pipes can be detached.
Although, this dish drying rack fits most of the sinks and can also be cut into two if you need it to be smaller, we still recommend you to measure your sink before buying.
When not in use, you can utilise this dish drainer as a vegetables and fruits colander. The rack is made from high-temperature resistant silicone and has a non-slip grip.
This is an ideal dish drainer for those who have minimum cooking needs, live alone or have less kitchen cleaning and maintenance time, easily one of the best over the sink dish drainer in India.
Weight – 0.40 kgs
Dimensions – 44 x 33 x 0.6 cm
Material – Stainless Steel
Colour – Multi
Pros of Dayalu® Multipurpose Foldable Dish Drying Rack:
Extremely lightweight at 400 grams and multi-purpose
Can be folded when not in use
Can be used according to the sink space
Bars are spaced nicely and are strong with rubber ends for a firm grip
Cons of Dayalu® Multipurpose Foldable Dish Drying Rack:
Some users might find the size to be a little small, hence check the dimensions before buying
If you are looking for the best dish drying rack for small kitchens in India, check out this super useful and beautiful 2-tier dish drainer from Stvin.
This is an ideal dish drying rack for those who are looking for a plastic dish drainer that can hold large quantities of utensils without disturbing the cleanliness of your kitchen.
With 2-tier compartments, this dish drainer allows you to keep double the quantity of utensils as compared to any other dish drainer in India.
All the parts are detachable and can be stored separately when not in use.
The dish drying rack comes with a drip tray that offers space for drying and collects excess water for draining in the sink.
You can move the water nozzle any side amongst right, left, front, back depending on how your dish drainer is placed.
2-Tier system also allows you to separate wet utensils from the dry ones.
Since all parts can be detached, you will initially need to install this dish drying rack which is simple and easy to do (doable within a couple of minutes).
An ideal dish drainer for big families, one of the best dish drying racks with tray in India.
Weight – 1.96 kgs
Dimensions – 93 x 74 x 41 cms
Material – Plastic
Colour – Multi
Pros of Stvin Kitchen 2 Layer Dish Drying Rack:
Comes with a drainage tray
High quality plastic
Dedicated slot for spoons, forks
Cons of Stvin Kitchen 2 Layer Dish Drying Rack:
Some users might find the size to be a little small, but with 2-tier system this shouldn’t be a problem
The last product in our review of best kitchen sink dish drainer drying rack in India is another over the sink dish drying rack from Better Houseware.
An ideal rack to store full sized plates, pots and pans in a limited kitchen space.
This dish drying rack has been made from Stainless steel and has coated non-slip handles and coating on the bottom as well to safeguard dishes and counter.
The dish drainer has been sized to straddle part of the sink while the rest is still in use.
This means this rack will fit on one side of the sink, and still leave enough room for you to wash dishes.
You will notice ventilated open-wire design on this dish drainer which is ideal for quick drying of dishes and dish rack.
Only con we could find with this over the sink dish drying rack is there is no place to keep cutlery.
But, overall due to a very robust design and build quality, we recommend this over the sink dish drying rack for small kitchens and spaces.
Weight – 0.47 kgs
Dimensions – 48.9 x 20.96 x 11.43 cms
Material – Stainless Steel
Colour – Silver
Pros of Better Houseware Over Sink Dish Drainer:
Strong and quality build
Perfect for small kitchens
Coated with non-slip handles
Easy to clean, maintain and mold free
Cons of Better Houseware Over Sink Dish Drainer:
No slot for spoons, forks
Conclusion – Which is the Best Dish Drying Rack in India 2022
Considering you have a preference between Stainless steel, Plastic, Over the Sink dish drying racks, we have divided our conclusion into 3 parts:
If you are looking for the Best Stainless Steel dish drying rack in India, you should go for Embassy Dish Draining Basket with drip tray. If you are looking for the Best Plastic dish drying rack in India, you can choose between Raawan 3 in 1 dish rack or Stvin Kitchen 2 Layer dish drainer. Lastly, if you are looking to save kitchen space and need the best Over the Sink dish drying rack in India, choose Better Houseware Dish drainer.
On the other hand, if you have a small kitchen space, you can check out the best wall mounted dish drying rack in India from Home Creations 24 inch Wall Mount Kitchen Dish Rack.
A dish drying rack can either save some space or consume more space in your kitchen, it all depends on how you choose it and what all factors have you taken into consideration. Factors could be the types of dish drying racks, which one should you buy, etc.
For this purpose, we have created a Buying Guide which will help you to understand everything about Dish drainers or Dish drying racks.
Types of Dish Drying Racks
The first step is to know what are the different styles of dish drying racks as you will find plenty of dish drainers in the market, but which one suits your requirements the most will eventually influence your buying decision.
1. Collapsible Dish Rack
As the name suggests, these dish racks can be collapsed if required and have foldable racks. This type of dish drying rack is an ideal option for those with extra spaces in kitchen.
This self contained dish rack is easy to carry, store and move from one place to another if needed. No installation is required for this type of dish rack.
While looking for this type of dish rack, choose the one with drip tray as it allows you to drain the water back into the sink and avoid water puddles on the kitchen countertop.
Best Collapsible Dish Drying Rack in India – Casa Azul Collapsible Drying Dish Storage Rack.
Pros of Collapsible Dish Drying Rack:
Ideal for small kitchens with limited space
Can be folded, when not in use
Cons of Collapsible Dish Drying Rack:
The side drain sometimes make it difficult to drain all the water
2. Two-Tier Dish Rack
Another self explanatory dish drying rack type, this one is designed to have 2 tiers or layers which ensures more storage in an organised manner.
This is an ideal option for those who are looking to save kitchen space but still want to keep more utensils in the limited space.
While buying this type of dish drying rack, ensure the rack comes with a proper drainage system as water will flow from 2 racks instead of 1.
Best 2-Tier Dish Drying Rack in India – Stvin Kitchen 2 Layer Sink Dish Plate Drainer Drying Rack.
Pros of Two-Tier Dish Drying Rack:
Compact and takes less space in the kitchen
Best for all types of dishes
Can hold cups, spoons, too
Cons of Two-Tier Dish Drying Rack:
There is a chance of water dripping from the top tier to the bottom tier
3. Over the Sink Dish Rack
An ideal type of dish drying rack for small kitchens and spaces.
Not everyone has the luxury to have enough space in their kitchens and, this is why you have Over the sink dish racks that only takes up a portion of your kitchen sink and still allows you to wash the dishes in the rest of the space.
While looking for over the sink dish rack, always measure the product dimensions against the sink dimensions so you have an idea of the space your dish rack is going to take.
Best Over the Sink Dish Drying Rack in India – Better Houseware Over Sink Dish Drainer.
Pros of Over the Sink Dish Drying Rack:
Offers a vast amount of space to dry the dishes
Usually made from stainless steel, hence very durable
Cons of Over the Sink Dish Drying Rack:
Expensive than the other types of dish drainers
Plastic vs Stainless Steel Dish Drying Rack – Which One Should you Buy?
Dish drying racks or dish drainers are usually made from 3 different types of material – Plastic, Bamboo and Stainless Steel. While bamboo dish rack has hardly been successful in India as there is always a risk of termite with these racks, so we will study on Plastic vs Stainless Steel dish drying racks, their pros and cons and which one should you buy.
Plastic Dish Drying Rack
Plastic dish drainers are a good choice if you want something which is very affordable, and lightweight at the same time. With a plastic dish drying rack, there is no risk of rust, however, you may have to replace a plastic dish drying rack in every 2-3 years.
Pros of Plastic Dish Drying Rack:
Cheaper and affordable
Easy to clean and maintain
Will not scratch your cookware
Does not rust
Those made from ABS plastic are durable and can be trusted
Cons of Plastic Dish Drying Rack:
Can break easily
More prone to stains from the leftovers on your dishes
Plastic quality is sometimes mediocre (ABS plastic is considered good)
Best Plastic Dish Drying Rack in India:
Stvin Kitchen 2 Layer Sink Dish Plate Drainer Drying Rack
Stainless Steel Dish Drying Rack
Stainless steel dish drying racks are a very popular choice all around the globe, simply because of the durability they tend to offer. A steel dish drying rack comes in a lot of options such as collapsible, over the sink, two-tier, etc. The only disadvantage with a steel dish drainer is that it can catch rust with time, if you are not careful.
Pros of Stainless Steel Dish Drying Rack:
Considered as the best
Easier to clean
Made from food-grade stainless steel
Attractive and robust
Offers more storage
Cons of Stainless Steel Dish Drying Rack:
Average quality steel racks can get rust over a period of time
Best Stainless Steel Dish Drying Rack in India:
Embassy Dish Draining Basket with drip tray
Conclusion: On the basis of above difference, one can conclude that stainless steel dish drying racks have an edge over plastic material drying racks. But, if you still want to buy a plastic dish drying rack, ensure you pick one that is made from high quality ABS plastic and doesn’t break after regular usage, for example – Raawan 3 in 1 Multi-purpose dish rack with tray or OSHOP Large Durable Sink Plastic Dish.
How to Choose the Best Dish Drying Rack in India
1. Aesthetics: First step is to identify the style or construction type of the dish drying rack you are looking to buy. You will need to choose between Collapsible, 2-Tier and Over the sink dish drying racks. This will depend on the kitchen space you have. In simple words, for less kitchen space you can go for over the sink dish racks and if you have a lot of space in your kitchen, choose anyone amongst Collapsible or 2-Tier dish drying racks.
2. Material: Now that you have decided on the aesthetics, you will now need to choose between stainless steel and plastic dish drying racks. In our opinion, only go for plastic if it’s made from ABS quality otherwise, go with the safest option such as Stainless steel dish drying rack.
3. Capacity: Number of members in the family also play a huge role in deciding which dish drying rack you should go for. For example, for 3 or less members in the family you can go for over the sink dish drying rack. But if you have 4 or more members in the family, a 2-tier model will be a wise choice as it can contain more utensils at once.
4. Drainage: This should be the most important factor in deciding the right dish drying rack. A good dish drainer will always have a proper drainage system. Drainage is important as without it, all the water and food waste will get sticky on the countertop and will eventually create a kitchen mess. Some dish drying racks have side-drainage channels whereas others have a drain hole, which can be opened or closed as needed.
5. Type of Utensils: If you are going to wash heavy utensils like cookers, frying pans, heavy pots you should choose a heavy duty dish drainer. But for small utensils like plates, spoons, bowls you can go for a high quality plastic dish drying rack which will save you some money.
6. Extra Features: While looking for a dish drying rack, it will be a good choice to lookout for extra features such as separate compartment for spoons, drip tray for water drainage, foldable racks, cup holder attachments, etc.
5 Benefits of Dish Drying Rack
1. A home for wet dishes: If you think about it, why do we need a dish drying rack? The simple answer is we don’t want our wet plates to keep leaking water all over the kitchen and hence, we want to separate those dishes by finding a suitable home, what could be better than a dish drying rack that can hold not just plates, but spoons, glasses, cooker, other cookware as well.
2. Channel to transfer your dishes: Those plates and spoons you have just washed will not keep on lying over the kitchen countertop, right? Once they are dry you will place them in their respective slots. Doing this individually is not only time consuming, but it is hectic as well. That’s where a dish drying rack comes handy as it can store all kitchen utensils in their wet state.
3. Use it like a basket: In the end, a dish drying rack is a huge basket, isn’t it? This means you can not only use a dish drying rack to dry wet and damp utensils, but also use it as a storage basket when it is not operational. Think about the space you are going to save if your dish drying rack becomes multi-purpose.
4. There is more to a rack: These days (November’20) when most of us are working from home, it can get a little messy to keep a log of your office files and stationery. So, why not use the dish drying rack to manage and store your files, pens, scissors, other stationary.
5. Add elegance to your kitchen: You will see some very attractive kitchen dish drying racks that comes with extendable trays, compartments, 2-tier storage system, drip tray, etc. This type of dish rack can make your modular kitchen look more classy and organised.
How do you Keep a Dish Drying Rack from Rusting?
Depending on the material of your dish drying rack, it could be prone to rusting over a period of time. There can be a number of reasons that contributes to the rusting of your dish drying rack.
For starters, if you tend to stack sharp edged cutlery like knives and forks on the dish drying rack, this will increase the chances of rust eventually. Also, one of the most important reasons for the rust to gain prominence is improper washing. Having said this, you can always follow the below steps to ensure your dish drying rack remains rust free.
1. Regular Cleaning: The best way to avoid rust in a dish drying rack is to wash it properly at least twice a week. To start with, the cleaning process does not have to be very long, just plain water will also work.
2. Dish Placement: As a recommendation, it is always a good idea to clean the dish rack before placing your dishes in it. By doing this, your dishes will be free from bacteria and also, it will prevent the material of the dish rack from rusting.
3. Dry Towel: If you have a habit of keeping a towel or a piece of cloth under the dish drying rack, try and replace it every now and then and always make sure the towel is dry. Wet towels will give birth to rust over a period of time.
4. Use Baking Soda: Baking soda is one of the most effective solutions to clean your dish drying rack. All you need to do is mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 2 cups of hot water. Now, mix the solution and apply the paste on the edges or the hard surface. To simplify the cleaning process, you can use a toothbrush to rub the surface.
5. Rust free Rack: As an alternative, it is always a good idea to go for a dish drying rack that is made from Steel and is rust free at the same time, or you can simply pick a plastic dish drying rack. In our post for Best Dish Drying Racks in India, the Embassy dish rack is made from Steel and is rust free. You can also go for a plastic rack such as Raawan 3 in 1 Medium Durable Plastic Kitchen Sink Dish Rack.
How to Dry Dishes without a Dish Rack?
Not everyone prefers to buy a dish drying rack due to the limited kitchen space or personal preferences. You may not need a dish drying rack, but you certainly need to dry the dishes with some other alternatives, if not the dish drainer itself. Here is how you can dry the dishes without a dish drying rack —
1. Use the Dishwasher – If you do not have a dishwasher in your house, you can move to the next point. But, if you do have a dishwasher, you can leave your dishes to dry in the dishwasher itself. Dishwashers, these days, come with auto sensors, which will automatically remove the water from the dishes.
2. Use a Towel – Using a towel is one of the most efficient and cost-effective methods to dry the dishes without a dish drying rack. While you do this, make sure you are using a clean towel, and not the one which you have used for other kitchen chores. Once you have wiped the towel on the dishes, let the dishes get air dry for best results.
3. Use a Paper Towel – In addition to the dry towels, you can also use paper towels to dry the dishes without a dish drainer. This is an ideal option, if you do not want to use your towels to dry out the dishes.
4. Get a Dish Drying Mat – A dish drying mat is a very good option to dry out the dishes without needing a dish drying rack. Dish mats are affordable, lightweight and they can be folded when not in use, saving kitchen space.
FAQs – Best Dish Drying Rack in India
Q. Can I dry dishes with a towel instead of buying a drying rack?
A. Yes, you can certainly dry the dishes with a towel instead of buying a drying rack, but there is a downside to it. Your towel may contain bacteria or viruses which may not form a very healthy combination when it comes in contact with your dishes and hence, we don’t recommend drying dishes with a towel.
Q. How to dry dishes without a dish drying rack?
A. If you don’t want to use a dish drying rack, you can use another alternative which a lot of people use such as a Microfiber drying mat. These drying mats provide a soft, absorbent pad for your dishes to drain and dry after being washed and absorb large amounts of water while maintaining a soft texture that won’t scratch your expensive cutlery.
Q. How to clean the dish drainer properly?
A. You are going to need a small scrub brush or a toothbrush, dish soap, hot water, a piece of cloth to clean the dish drainer or dish drying rack. Once you have these things handy, wet your toothbrush with hot water, add some dish soap, and gently scrub at stains to remove them. Once done with that, rinse off all the soapy water and inspect your dish rack for spots you may have missed. If no spots, dry the dish rack manually with an absorbent cloth to prevent your clean dish rack from rusting.
Q. Will a steel dish drainer make scratches on the platform?
A. Unless you end up buying a low quality steel dish drying rack, you don’t have to worry about scratches on your kitchen platform. These days, most of the steel dish drying racks comes with an anti-skid feet made from the rubber which helps in preventing any countertop scratches.
Q. How do you clean a rusty dish drying rack?
A. In case your dish drainer or dish drying rack has got some rust, you will need a solution of baking soda and some water along with a toothbrush. Baking soda being non-abrasive will be able to remove the rust from the rack.
Q. Which is better amongst plastic or stainless steel dish drainers?
A. Stainless steel dish drainers are strong, durable, rust resistant, made from food-grade stainless steel and usually offers more storage whereas plastic counterparts are not very strong, can break after rough usage. Hence, we recommend going for stainless steel dish drainers.
Q. Can I put my dish drying rack in the dishwasher?
A. Always refer to the product label as some brands have manufactured dish drying racks that are dishwasher compatible whereas some are not. So, the wise thing is to check the product description and then put it in the dishwasher.
We hope this post on “Top 7 Best Dish Drying Rack in India 2022 (Best Dish Drainer in India) – Reviews & Buying Guide” was useful and informative to you. We also encourage you to read the customer reviews of any product before buying. Should you have any questions on this, feel free to leave a comment. If you want our team to review a product you are interested in buying, you can reach out to us at [email protected], and we will be happy to review it.